Forums
DoWUK Clan Site :: Forums :: Public Area :: Funnies

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
A man ........
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Administrator, Mobster, seantheman, Claymore, DazzerG, Ripper, M@vrik, Elvis, B!azey*
This thread is now closed
Author Post
Sui Sol
Tue Apr 15 2008, 07:59pm
The 'whats going on ere then' Guy
Registered Member #16
A man's car broke down as he was driving past a beautiful old monastery.
He walked up the drive and knocked on the front door. A monk answered, listened to the man's story and graciously invited him to spend the night.

The monks fed the man and led him to a tiny chamber in which to sleep.The man thanked the monks and slept serenely until he was awakened by a strange and beautiful sound.

The next morning, as the monks were repairing his car, he asked about the sound that had woken him.
"We're sorry," the monks said. "We can't tell you about the sound. You're not a monk."

The man was disappointed, but eager to be gone, so he thanked the monks for their kindness and went on his way. During quiet moments afterward, the man pondered the source of the alluring sound.

Several years later the man happened to be driving in the same area. He stopped at the monastery on a whim and asked for admittance.
He explained to the monks that he had so enjoyed his previous stay, he wondered if he might be permitted to spend another night under a peaceful roof.

The monks agreed, and so the man stayed with them again. Late that night he heard the strange beautiful sound again. The following morning he begged the monks to explain the sound. The monks gave him the same
answer as before.

"We're sorry. We can't tell you about the sound. You're not a monk."
By now the man's curiosity had turned to obsession.

He decided to give up everything and become a monk, for that was the only way he could learn about the sound. He informed the monks of his decision and began the long and arduous task of becoming a monk.

Seventeen years later, the man was finally established as a true member of the order.

When the celebration ended, he humbly went to the leader of the order and asked to be told the source of the sound.

Silently, the old monk led the new monk to a huge wooden door. He opened the door with a golden key. That door swung open to reveal a second door of silver, then a third of gold and so on until they had passed through twelve doors, each more magnificent than the last.

The new monk's face was awash with tears of joy as he finally beheld the wondrous source of the beautiful and mysterious sound he had heard so many years before..........

SORRY I CANNOT TELL YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A MONK
lol

[ Edited Tue Apr 15 2008, 07:59pm ]
Elvis
Tue Apr 15 2008, 08:52pm

Registered Member #31
oh yes i am, now fookin tell me !!!!
Sui Sol
Tue Apr 15 2008, 10:18pm
Registered Member #16
photographic evidence required
Claymore
Wed Apr 16 2008, 01:26am

Registered Member #11
LoL, How many more forums you gonna post that old cherry on Loz??? !lol
Sui Sol
Wed Apr 16 2008, 09:55pm
Registered Member #16
As many as I can - I learned to spam from the meister himself .....
Macro
Thu Apr 17 2008, 12:12am
Registered Member #21
how annoying
Rucker
Fri Apr 18 2008, 07:22pm
rucker
Registered Member #14
what a beautiful sound can you get on dvd.
seantheman
Fri Apr 18 2008, 07:57pm
Leg-end

Registered Member #5
I hate you Loz

It was the beatles wasnt it ?? cmon !
Sui Sol
Sat Apr 19 2008, 01:56pm
Registered Member #16
Ok, ok , ok!

Seeing as there has been so much interest in this post I will finally put you all out of your misery and tell you what the sound is ......................................................

Well, I will once you all join a monestry and take the required vows etc .... again photographic evidence will be required

I know its sad but it had to be done ... at least I got a constructive reply from Mac ....... bet this aint annoying Mac?

[ Edited Sat Apr 19 2008, 01:58pm ]
Macro
Sat Apr 19 2008, 03:58pm
Registered Member #21
i just skipped straight to the bottom so not so bad this time
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF